Thursday, February 13, 2014

Some people ask me why

People have asked me why.
The question that i seem to get a lot throughout my schooling is why i enjoy riding horses so much.
This is normally asked by non horse friends and they really do not understand what it truly means to love a creature so much. The reason i ride is because it is my passion it is not just a hobby, and it is not just something that you can start and stop but it is something that makes me well me. Riding has given me independence and well as an unbreakable bond between a human and a 12,000 lb animal. To me this is beauty in it best form. With out riding i do not feel as if i would be a whole person i think i would feel as if a part of my soul and heart was missing. Riding is something that i will never be able to live without it is what has made me the person i am today and that really has an impact on a person when your instructor makes a comment on it. She has told me countless times before that she could always tell i would be around horses and nothing would stop me from one day having my own and i feel that both of the statements that she spoke are entirely true because without horses i would have no life to continue on with. Horses are what brings me joy and happiness to an otherwise normal life of a current college student. You know you truly love horses when you are more worried about them being cold in this weather then how cold you are while walking to class in the snow or the fact that you think they need a new saddle pad or other things when in all reality they have more things then you, but to me none of that matters i would and will continue to put money in horses for what i feel that they need instead of using it on myself because buying stuff for the horses is what makes me happy and i would continue to do that because it makes me happy and thats all that really matters. I am an equestrian and the equine is what makes me me.

No comments:

Post a Comment